First AML STC awarded in New Zealand.February 19th, 2021 Comments Off on First AML STC awarded in New Zealand.
On behalf of Louisa Patterson, Founder and Product Developer of the Eye in the Sky, the Airwork Design Team have achieved STC approval for the ‘Eye In the Sky’ cockpit video, audio and flight data recorder.
This is the very first Approved Model List (AML) STC awarded in New Zealand, meaning a single STC can be used across multiple helicopter types; initially being the EC130, AS350 and R44.
The Airwork Part 146 design team led by Scott Solomon worked with Eye In the Sky, the NZ based manufacturers, and the CAANZ to get this first-of-type activity across the line.
Certification of the parts are provided by Airwork’s Part 148 Manufacturing Department and the installation by the Airwork Part 145 Maintenance Organisation.
Early in 2021 Airwork will be working with Eye In the Sky to further expand the scope of this STC across a wider range of helicopters (namely the Bell 429 & 206, the MD series and the BK117) and to achieve STC validation with the key international regulators; FAA, Transport Canada and EASA.
Key features of the Eye in the Sky product;
• High definition camera capturing wide angle video focused on the instrument panel and the pilots view
• Powers on with aircraft power
• 3 channels of audio recording radio and intercom communications as well as ambient sound in the cockpit
• In-built GPS shows the aircrafts position, altitude, ground speed and heading
• A small, aviation approved back-up battery ensures data capture will continue for approximately 2 minutes after shutdown or power loss
• Approximately 22 hours of video, audio and data is stored
• Crash and fire-resistant case and SD card protection
For more information on the Eye in the Sky product visit https://www.eyeinthesky.co.nz/.
For more information on Airwork’s design capability visit www.airworkgroup.com